Saturday, October 22, 2011

33 degrees!

Phoar it is hot out there. We just went to the local council spring festival and I tell ya it was hot out!! Thankfully I started a mango sorbet last night and chucked it in the freezer this morning. So looking forward to it as I have had a couple of tastes when stirring and oh my gosh I think it is the best thing I have EVER made.

Here's the recipe, I can't remember where I pinched it from but once again I have adapted it to suit us:

2 large ripe mangoes.
1/2 cup of caster sugar
1 lime

Cut the mango flesh into small chunks and put in a bowl with the sugar and lime juice.
Stir, cover and leave overnight in the fridge to draw out the juice.
Puree until smooth.
Taste for sweetness and add extra caster sugar if you think it needs it.
Top up the puree with water to get to 500mls.
Put into the freezer (if it is freezer safe).
After 1 hour give the mix a thorough stir.
Whisk again after a couple of hours.
When the sorbet is nearly firm give one last whisk and put back in the freezer to set.

Yum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment