Saturday, October 15, 2011

After Dinner Request

Well, here we are at the end of MD's first week of kindy and I have no idea what I was worried about. He has been excited every night before he is due to set off and the teachers have been fabulous. The
other thing I have found lovely are the other parents. I'm sure there will be plenty of other things I will worry about throughout
his life, but thankfully this first hurdle has been cleared.

I confess I am a mother who does not worry about the use of bribery and corruption, in fact I feel it is a very useful tool to be able to pull out from my parenting tool belt. To encourage my kids to eat all of their dinner (and more importantly the veges that they leave until last and then conveniently claim to be full) we have a treat at the end of the meal. Sometimes it is a couple of jelly beans, sometimes it is an icecream sundae. Tonight I was surprised when MD turned to me and said "I would like a hot chocolate after dinner tonight." I was more than happy to agree to this because it kills two birds with one stone as my kidlets usually have a glass of rice milk before they go to bed. So hot chocolate it will be...

Hot Chocolate Recipe

Makes 4 servings

4 cups of rice milk (measured from the cups we will have it from)
1 bar of Kinnerton's dairy, egg, nut free chocolate
1 T vanilla extract (optional)
mini marshmallows

Place cups of milk and vanilla into a pot and heat gently.
When warmed added broken up block of Kinnertons and stir until melted.
Put mini marshmallows in bottom of cups, pour over chocolate milk mix.

YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment