Saturday, October 8, 2011

Hooray for Dairy free chocolate fudge!!

There are many things I grieved for when I discovered my son had allergies and one of the silliest was probably that he would never have certain foods like ice cream and fudge but boy was I wrong!

Today he had both. I made my second batch of chocolate ice cream using coconut cream and I made my first ever batch of chocolate fudge- dairy free! I was worried that it would be sugary and a bit yuck but it is divine although very sweet. I adapted the recipe from another chocolate fudge recipe and it works perfectly.

So here it is:

Dairy Free, soy free (Vegan) Chocolate Fudge

½ cup rice milk

1¼ cups sugar

40ml rice bran oil
1 block of Kinnertons egg, nut, dairy free chocolate

1 tsp vanilla extract



Put the rice milk and sugar in a large pan over a medium heat, stirring constantly to prevent curdling. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 7 minutes. Stirring continuously.

Remove from the heat; immediately add the oil, broken up chocolate, and vanilla. Stir until chocolate has melted, then beat for a couple of minutes until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Line a dish with baking paper and pour in. Refrigerate overnight, then cut into squares.

Nom, nom, nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment